Date & Times
Thursday 29 November - Friday 30 November
08:50 - 17:15
Marriott Hotel, Frankfurt, Hamburger Allee 2, 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Adulteration and Fraud of Botanical and Natural Health Ingredients: issues, challenges and prevention tools for the Industry
The programme will be delivered by our partner Euromed S.A. in cooperation with American Botanical Council, Hylobates Consulting, Extrasynthese and Smart Short Courses.
Adulteration and fraud of natural ingredients added to foods are global concerns for stakeholders, for industry, for risk assessors and risk managers, and for EU consumers. What is the EU industry doing about it? What are the plans of regulators? What lessons can be learnt and tools used from leading experts? How can adulteration and fraud be prevented? And what happens when it is discovered?
- The Botanical Adulterants Prevention Program (BAPP)
- Impurities: detection and compliance
- Adulteration and fraud in botanicals: processes and detection
- The role of Vertical Integration
- Adulteration and fraud in food
- Is sourcing the solution?
- DNA-based method for authenticity testing
- Adulteration and regulations
- Market perspective
This workshop will be held on 29th November from 08:50 -17.00 and 30th November from 08:50 to 12:30. The venue is Marriott Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany.
Check the programme and register now.
Download the programme brochure here.
You can also register by sending this registration form by email ([email protected]) or fax (979)-694-7031
- Obtain insights into the problem and what is being done globally to prevent adulteration
- Hear the views and plans of regulators and risk assessors
- Identify tools and practices for prevention
- Learn through case studies about health risks, and impacts of natural ingredient fraud
- Participate to panel discussion with experts
- Work with experts on real case-studies in the practice lab
- Dietary supplements and food manufacturers
- QA/QC managers
- R&D scientists/managers
- Regulatory affairs specialists
- Contract labs
- Academic institutions
- Sales and marketing specialists
About the Host
EUROMED is a leading producer of botanical extracts, standardized medicinal herbal extracts and natural active substances for pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, food and cosmetic industries. The majority of our business is currently with the pharmaceutical industry sector.